Monday, December 10, 2012

New books

I thought I might take a moment away from blogging individual titles to tell you about my reading over the next couple of weeks.  Tonight I visited my school library.  I have been away for nearly a year and while I have been doing heaps of reading many new books have been added to this collection so started by borrowing four novels all of which are fairly new books.

  • Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead  - you might read my review of her Newbery winner When you reach me
  • Pookie aleera is not my boyfriend by Steven Herrick  - I have talked about his verse novels before.  What a great title for this newest book.
  • Everything for a dog by Ann M Martin - I did enjoy A dog's life by the same author
  • Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver - I seem to have read a lot about this one so I hope it lives up to my expectations.


Keep an eye on my blog for the reviews of these books.  I wonder which one I will read first.

I have one other piece of exciting news. I recently received a tweet that this little blog had been nominated for the prestigious Edublog awards.  I really did not take much notice but tonight I thought I should look at the web site and I have discovered something truly amazing.  My little blog has been short listed for in the Library/Librarian category.  My colleague who nominated me has his blog in the Class Blog category.

It is now too late to vote for me but just being short listed is such an honor.  I cannot stop smiling.

My big plan is to have 400 book reviews by the end of 2012. I am getting close - just over 50 to go!

No comments: